*This course will be primarily facilitated in English, with interpretation into Spanish and Portuguese.
Your local government regularly shares its strategic goals, performance measures, and progress toward achieving those goals with the public. Through this course we will identify strategic goals for the city, as well as assess what progress has been made towards them, in order to craft a message to be shared publicly. By the end of this course participants will have completed these steps necessary to be able to report on performance and progress in the city to be published in the medium determined best for the community audience.
This Sprint is designed to provide valuable information to civil service professions involved in data sharing agreement development and use. Learners who are involved in collaborating with other agencies will learn to leverage data to better inform decisions about data sharing.
Synchronous sessions meet via Zoom twice weekly and will feature lecture, discussion, and invited speakers. The Tuesday session presents the weekly topic in lecture format. The Thursday session is an “office hour” / check-in session where participants are encouraged to ask questions and discuss the weekly assignment. As available, invited speakers will attend to provide a practical example of the week’s topic. This is a great networking and mentoring opportunity!
Achievable Criteria: Performance Analytics (WWC PA3) -
Your local government regularly shares its strategic goals, performance measures, and progress toward achieving those goals with the public.
- PA3.1: Strategic goals and progress towards them must be publicly shared at minimum annually.
- PA3.2: Your local government has and publicly shares assigned targets, metrics, and a timeframe for measuring progress toward the achievement of a publicly stated strategic goal(s).
By the end of this sprint, you will be able to:
● Analyze and understand the needs and wants of different audiences.
● Understanding the unique needs / wants of the different audiences
● Develop a tailored communication strategy and select the most appropriate channel for a
specific "real world" project.
● Craft a compelling narrative strategy or theme.
● Choose the most impactful message(s) for your target audience.
● Identify and prioritize the most impactful messages for your target audience.
● Select and present effective evidence to support your insights.
● Choose engaging visuals (e.g., dashboards, infographics, etc.) to enhance your
● Create a comprehensive communication plan that effectively shares performance data
with the target audience.
● Fulfill PA3 criteria of the WWC Certification Assessment